Monday, June 4, 2018

Ten Questions for God



Dear God,

Thank you for the opportunity to ask you these questions. I have been waiting a long time. I understand I only get ten questions, so I'll try to make the most of them.

Question 1: Why is water blue?
God: It isn't blue. It is polka dot. But I made you so that you can only see it as blue.

Question 2: Why did you make roses have thorns?
God: I didn't. I made thorns have roses.

Question 3: What happens after you die?
God: You have already died. This is what happens after you die.

Question 4: Is there a heaven and a hell?
God: You should know. You created them.

Question 5: Which religion is really true?
God: All. None.

Question 6: Why do you allow suffering?
God: I gave you everything you need to end suffering. Why do you allow suffering?

Question 7: Is The Bible literally true?
God: Do you see that flower? Is it literally true?

Question 8: Did Jesus really bring people back from the dead?
God: I don't know. Are you dead?

Question 9: Do you exist or not?
God: I don't exist. I don't not exist. I am.

Question 10: Why did you make Donald Trump?
God: Don't blame me. I voted for Bernie.



6-4-18 This piece was written at the Roundhouse Writing Group, Santa Cruz, Guatemala. The writing prompt for the session was: Questions you would like to ask the Universe.

The photo of God is by angelofsweetbitter2009, made available via Flickr and Creative Commons. Some rights reserved.