- As Paul Tillich said, God is not a being, God is the ground of all being.
- God cannot be described, God can only be experienced.
- The experiencing of God cannot occur in the past or in the future, only in the present.
- We cannot force the experience of God, we can only prepare for it in silence.
- The fullest experience of God comes when we live in God, that is, experience God in every aspect of our lives.
- Jesus is the ultimate revelation of what it means to live in God.
- Only when we live in God are we truly alive.
That's what Contemplative Christian Spirituality means to me. What does it mean to you?